1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate…with whipped cream…yummy.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
He wraps them…he’s a very good wrapper, with the exception of the year I found out “the truth”.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I have all red lights on my little tree right now, and I don’t have a house. But if I did, I would mix it up and make it crazy.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
I don’t need an excuse to kiss.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Whenever. They’re still not up this year…hopefully I’ll get to it this weekend.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
I love making (and eating) Christmas cookies. Also, I love making gibanica for my family because they love it, which makes me happy.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
There are so many. Spending Christmas Eve at Teta’s and then the 25th at my Grandma’s, and then January 7th at our house…it was like having 3 Christmases! Every year on the 7th, everyone would come over and eat and play music and sing, and it was amazing. All of those years were favorites. Also the first year my brother, Sasha, was here for Christmas was a favorite. He had no idea what was going on, but he learned fast.
8 . When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
“Santa” used the same gift tags as my mom, only he flipped them over to use the blank side on the back. After tearing through a few presents, I noticed the other side and told my mom I knew it was her. She asked me not to tell my brother, Josh, so I had to pretend for like five more years! It took him awhile to stop believing.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love it at first, but then by February I hate it so so much.
12. Can you ice skate?
Last time I went ice skating I banged my head on the ice and got a concussion. So I guess no, I can’t ice skate. I prefer wheels.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
When my dad was in seminary to become a priest, he lived in New York, and we only saw him on holidays. When he came home for Christmas, that was always our favorite gift.
14. What’s your favorite thing about the holidays?
Family. And cookies.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
I SAAAID…Cookies! Would you listen to me when I’m talking to you?
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
When my family gets together and plays music. It’s hard now, because we’re missing some people, but hopefully they are still celebrating with us.
17. What tops your tree?
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving. It’s so fun trying to find that perfect gift that will mean something special to a person. (if you like to give too…you can give me cookies. They are so special to me.)
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
“Oh Holy Night” and “This Christmas”
20. Candy canes yuck or yum?
Yuck…unless they are the flavored ones…I like cinnamon and berry.
21. What’s number one on your Christmas list this year?
To be happy in the moment. It’s been awhile since I was able to do that on Christmas.